My dear Past,
I am writing you this letter so you can keep it close to you to understand why I am leaving you, you have given me second guesses, you have made life with others tolerable, and you have always given me the perfect reason to hide myself from others who didn’t deserve it!
I wanted to also inform you that because I will not be with you any longer I am going to accept the present moment more fully as my committed partner for existence here. You always didn’t like the present moment and I get it, the present moment is a very sexy thing to try and compete with. I know this will be hard for you and I hope that some day you will understand that it wasn’t you! IT WAS ME!
I just couldn’t be the man you wanted me to be repeatedly. It made me hard to understand, it gave me excuses to have pain that I would inflict on others. I just didn’t feel that was right of you to do that! I had many affairs on you, I would sneak and meet someone and not hold their past against them and they wouldn’t hold my past against me (hell there were times you told me it was ok to keep it from others). Then somehow, someway you would convince me to sleep with you again. That wasn’t right. I did eventually leave them for you. Cause you were just to intoxicating for me to remove from myself. I do want you to know I have released you from any alimony or child support. In other words you no longer have to pay for trips back down memory lane that will make me make a decision to endure your kind of pain. Cause my future will remain unknown to me. Me and the present moment have spoken to this in great lengths. It is again not about you… IT IS ABOUT ME. I just realized it! The present moment also said that I could not have any affairs with a little part of you or the future. So I know that this was a trying message to read. But I thought I would leave a few things for you to realize going forward in the terms of the restraining order.
1) You are not allowed to come into my life to try and tell me what is going to happen, you must remain more than a mile away from me at all times.
2) Any lie you hear me tell myself about love, you are not allowed to come in and give it validity.
3) Anger, resentment, punishment, are mine to take in that moment as I take it, it will not build! You have a restraining order PAY ATTENTION TO NUMBER 1 RULE!
4) You under no condition will try and tell me what love is or what it isn’t! Your the past you can’t possible know what love is in this moment. Hence why I am leaving you for THE PRESENT MOMENT!
5) Don’t try to surface telling me I will be more protective and guarded of myself and my experiences that are in the present moment with you around. You aren’t psychic so stop claiming to be you have a catalog of history be a history teacher not a present moment connoisseur. I am not going to believe it to repeat it!
6) YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME! THE PRESENT MOMENT GAVE YOU YOUR TERMINATION PAPERS! READ IT AND GET TO STEPPING!
7) I believe I can fly without you, in other words you clipped my wings for long enough with your ability to tell me who I was with repeated memories of pain and more pain. My wings got weighted down with tar thanks to you. NO MORE!
8) You are not allowed to use my mind against me. You can not find a way in manipulating things that i currently doing trying to show me all the different scenarios of what is to come based on results that were in the past. Again this isn’t about you! It’s about ME!
9) You are not allowed to find a pathway into dreams, into day or night or other. It isn’t that I don’t love you completely I do in fact hence why I am letting you go completely.
10) Don’t take my love for granted, it will grow now because of your absence. It will realize there never had to be a limit and it will heal in your absorption of love I have inside me to make me the man she needs and wants. The present moment sends love your way, that you will find peace.
These are the guidelines for this divorce and I know you will have no choice to but to abide my wishes as it would show me how much you don’t love me by breaking these rules!
Wishing you luck finding another to pursue this with,
Clark Kent Esq.